Subscribe Using Juice Podcast Receiver
This is my preferred method of subscribing to podcasts. It may appear daunting at first, but once you get it set up, you don't have to mess around with it. I leave it open on my computer all the time so that shows download automatically whenever new ones come on-line.
1. Download the Juice Podcast Receiver at http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/. Click on the picture with either the MAC logo or the Windows logo to get the right version for your computer.
2. Save the file to your computer. When it's finished downloading, double-click on the Juice icon to start the installation process.
3. A box will pop up on your screen. Clikc "Run". Then click "Next", "I Agree", "Next", and finally, "Install". The application will now start installing on your computer.
4. You may get a dialog box at the end that says, "Juice is not set to handle some file types...". Don't worry about it...you have what you need. Click "Cancel".
5. At that point, Juice should open automatically. If it does not, simply click on the yellow lemon icon that is now on your desktop. You can drag the original installation file that you downloaded into your Recycle Bin, or you can just leave it there. Make sure you keep the lemon icon on your desktop, because double-clicking on that is how you open the program!
6. There are a few intial set-up steps to complete, but you only have to do these once, so don't get scared!
7. The next step is to add a subscription for "2 Homos". After all, isn't that the point of all this? Here's how to do it:
8. In the bottom half of the screen you will now see a list of all the 2 Homos episodes. If they're not all checked off, put a check mark in the boxes next to each of the episodes. This will allow you to download all of the episodes.
9. Click the button up top with a red minus sign over an upside down blue arrow. It should be the 6th icon from the left. This will start the download process for all the episodes you just checked off!
10. Wait until all the downloads are done and go the folder you specified to download your podcasts. Click open the "2 Homos" folder and all the episodes will be there! Load the files onto your mp3 player the way your normally load mp3's, or double-click on the files to listen to them through your favorite media player on your computer.
That's it! Now all you have to do is to open up the Juice Receiver by double-clicking on the lemon icon on your desktop every time you turn on your computer. If you don't turn off your computer, you can just leave Juice open and it will check for new podcasts on its own.